- Allied's galvanized products resist rust and corrosion at least 45% longer than galvanized Sch. 40 pipe.
- Hot-dipped products, like galvanized, generally have a higher lead content than Allied's products, which are galvanized with "four-nine" zinc, which is 99.99% pure
- Allied's Flo-Coat® process is safer and better for the environment. Increased Federal and State EPA issues are restrictive to the hot-dipped galvanizing process. These restrictions will make hot dip processes prohibitive, and may result in a decline of processors and cause availability problems.
- 50/55 with GatorShield is significantly stronger (66%) gauge for gauge, yet is at least 31% lighter (OD/OD) than galvanized Sch 40 pipe. Less weight means easier handling and installation in the field, particularly in areas where material handling equipment is unavailable or the site is inaccessible.
- Allied's in-line galvanized process, which involves heating and quick cooling of the tube, enhances the mechanical properties of the finished product. 50/55 with Gatorshield delivers a minimum 50,000 psi yield strength, and greater impact resistance than hot-dipped Schedule 40 pipe.
- 50/55 with GatorShield can be easily fabricated...bent, swaged, wall-to-wall flattened...without deformation of the triple layer of protection. Galvanized Sch 40 tends to flake and chip during fabrication.
- Unlike Allied's uniform exterior and interior coatings, the pipe hot-dipping process provides an inconsistent, rough surface finish that can result in poor coating coverage, as well as an inferior aesthetic appearance.
- 50/55 with GatorShield is available in a wide range of lengths to meet specific customer requirements. In contrast, galvanized Sch 40 pipe is typically sold only in 21 foot standard lengths.
Contact one of our Sonco Tube professionals at 888-766-2613 for more information.